I have had the Idea for this blog for several years. I have a collection of nearly every van magazine ever printed. It sits on the shelves down stairs. I get out a mag or two ever once in a while to browse, or when I want to research a van or event. But for the most part they are hidden from the world .

Anyone under the age of 40 most likely has never seen these publications. There is little available on the net about the early days of vanning. Sure there is Vanning.com and other sites dedicated to Vanning, but they are mainly about the current state of the sport.
These magazines are nearly impossible to find now. You will find some in swap meets,but most are gone. The library s of the country won't have them.
I intend to post all of the issues eventually. I scan all the pages except any adds that are not really van related. Even some of the adds are cool in their own right.

I am endeavoring to post all the mags and articles about Vans, Vanning and Vanners that I can, that way there will be some resource in the future to find out about what we van people did with our lives. Even the long time vanners will enjoy seeing these articles and vans. There is a lot of them that I don't even remember seeing before.

I am starting with the oldest mag I have Vans & Trucks. I am not sure if I will do all of the issues of a title. or do them by year. I will try to do at least one a week, but there are over 10 different titles over a period of 10 years to go thru, so its gona take a while. hope you enjoy.

Monday, March 1, 2021

1001 VAN IDEAS Pemier issue late 1975


















































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment